Caleb spoke in church today, reporting on “how God is using our church in Haiti” and what Caleb was able to accomplish while he was there. (My apologies to Caleb for not taking a better photo of him.) Caleb described his work with Global Partners on the new hospital, how God gave him wisdom in managing some difficult situations with laborers, progress on the 8,000 sq. ft. guest house, training Haitians new and better skills, distributing Creole Bibles, and even spending some time with his wife! Praise God for all that he was able to accomplish in the three months that he was there. Please continue to pray for Merline’s visa process so that she can join Caleb here soon.
“Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ” (Galatians 6:2).
The following announcements, joys, and concerns were shared in church today:
- Please continue to pray for Janet Lee. It’s a miracle that she survived a very serious MVA. Pray for her and Joe as she heals.
- Caleb is safely home from Haiti! Praise God for all that he was able to accomplish there. Continue to pray for Merline’s visa process.
- Please pray for Bunny, Art, and Greg as they travel to Houghton on Tues (3/20) to interview a prospective pastor. They plan to return on 3/22.
- MOPS (Moms of Pre-Schoolers) will meet on March 28th from 9:00-11:00 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall. Please pray for all ladies involved. See a list of all meeting times.
- District Ladies’ Retreat, May 4, 5, 6, 2012 at Camp of the Woods Retreat Center, Speculator, NY. Download the brochure (PDF) here: Ladies_Retreat_Reg_Form_2012.
- Please reach out and pray for those who aren’t in church. Send them a card to let them know that you’re praying for them.
- If you’d like a copy of our updated church directory (in PDF format), emailed to you, send an email to pmauer2004 at yahoo.com.
- “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” (1 Thess. 5:16-18).
We’re having a good ole Home Made Ice Cream social this Saturday, March 17th (St. Patrick’s Day) at 5 pm. We hope to see you and your families there in the Fellowship Hall. Bring table games, snacks, videos, etc.
The following announcements, joys and concerns were mentioned in church this morning:
- on Sat March 10th at 8:00 AM there will be a Men’s Breakfast in the Fellowship Hall.
- on Sat March 17th at 5:00 PM there will be a St. Patrick’s Day celebration of Soup and Homemade ice cream — mint? pistachio? get creative!
- Lenora had 2 days of testing in Glens Falls; all tests so far are OK! PTL!
- please pray for Caleb and Merline’s safety in Haiti and Caleb’s safe return on Wednesday. Also pray that Merline’s paperwork will be done soon so she can come to the US to be with Caleb.
- Judy & Dale’s daughter Vicky Santos will have surgery on March 7th at noon. The doctors give her a 50/50 chance of survival; but chances are worse without the surgery. Please keep Vicky in prayer.
- Sandi’s sister Missy is not doing well. Please keep Missy, Sandi, and their family in your prayers.
- pray for a new pastor for LLWC!
- see other events posted here.
- Pray continually! (1 Thess. 5:16-18).