Chris Thompson has been busy in the Community Garden! Check out the progress here!
Thanks so much for thinking of us and we are very much looking forward to getting to our new home with you guys very soon. As to your questions I have always been called “Pastor John” and that will be fine. Actually I will not have my PhD awarded until the end of May and even then the title will seem awkward to me since I never had it before.
As for the kids bios I will give you a rundown.
Lance (14 years old) is very active in his scout group, church youth activities, home-school clubs and is an avid patron of the local library. In the winter he loves sledding, softball, HAM radio, tubing and camping. He reads history books in his free time and aspires to be a history professor someday.
Emma (12) is active in stage productions, church youth group, volleyball and tubing in the winter. Emma desires to be a Pediatric Oncologist someday.
James and Peter (10) love doing stage productions, sledding, softball, tubing, fishing and climbing trees. They both aspire to be Spy’s someday so their Grandfather (a retired Lt. Colonel) is encouraging them to go into military intelligence.
Sarah (5) loves classical Ballet and chasing butterflies in the yard with her pink butterfly net. The bugs outside are terrified of her and scatter in her presence.
Abigail (4 weeks) loves drinking milk and so far is very nocturnal preferring to stay up most of the night talking.
Amy (age unknown) enjoys being a Mom, hosting small groups, running the Easyworship and PowerPoint software at church and Psychology.
We are very excited to be coming to Long Lake!
We are very pleased to announce that Dr. John Gocke and his wife Amy, and children Lance, Emma, Peter, James, Sarah, and Abigail will be joining our church family at the end of May or first of June. Pastor John will be our new pastor. We are excited! Thank you Lord!
If you’d like to hear Pastor John’s sermons on Youtube, go to: http://www.youtube.com/johnlarrygocke.
We will be doing some work (cleaning, painting etc.) in the parsonage. Please see Gail Seaman to find out what needs to be done.
Spring is here! And that means that Chris Thompson is already busy in his garden.
Chris says, “The garlic emerged on St. Patricks Day… This is about 700 heads. They had that nice warm week but since then frost or freeze every night. They endured one night of 16 degrees and laughed at it. Our Creator made this plant tough!”
See more pictures from the LLWC Community Garden here.
“Say to Daughter Zion,
‘See, your king comes to you,
gentle and riding on a donkey,
and on a colt, the foal of a donkey” (Matthew 21:6).
This is the scripture from Matthew 21:6 (prophesied in Zechariah 9:9), that Bunny shared in church this morning. Are our hearts ready for Jesus’ triumphant return? Bunny encouraged us to read Mark 11 during this upcoming Holy Week, as we prepare our hearts for Easter Sunday.
The following announcements, joys and concerns were shared today:
- Thursday (April 5), Janet-Lee needs a ride to Saranac Lake for a medical appointment; she needs to be there by 10:10 am. Please call Janet-Lee at 624-3905 if you can give her a ride. Please keep praying for Janet-Lee as she heals.
- Friday (April 6), from 6:30 – 8:30 pm, the church will be open for prayer, a quiet time of reflection, and communion. There will not be a formal service, but Bunny will be available to serve communion.
- Easter Sunrise Service (April 8) will be held at 7:30 am at the LL Town Beach. The Methodist Church is hosting this and a breakfast following at the Town Hall. All are welcome.
- Marty is in the hospital, but Joyce hopes to bring him home tomorrow (Monday). Please keep Marty and Joyce in your prayers.
- Bunny, Laurinda and Louisa had a great trip to Houghton to see Brianna in the musical, “West Side Story.”
- Welcome to Brian & Sharon and their 3 girls, and others who were in church.
- Pray for a new pastor for LLWC!
- On a personal note, I (Peg) thank you for your prayers as I start treatment for breast cancer. I know that God has a plan and a purpose in this (Romans 8:28).
- MOPS (Moms of Pre-Schoolers) will meet on April 25th from 9:00-11:00 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall. Please pray for all ladies involved.
- See a list of all meeting times.
- District Ladies’ Retreat, May 4, 5, 6, 2012 at Camp of the Woods Retreat Center, Speculator, NY. Download the brochure (PDF) here: Ladies_Retreat_Reg_Form_2012.
Please join us for a pot-luck lunch at noon in the Fellowship Hall/Basement, on April 1st (no fooling!), after the morning worship service. Everyone is invited and encouraged to join us! There’s always plenty of food and fellowship. We hope to see you there!