A few more updates from church today:
- The Youth group is looking for bean bag chairs or other comfy chairs for the Sullivan House. See Kathryn.
- There will be no MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schools) meetings until further notice — maybe in the Fall. See Joyce, Karen, or Gail for more info.
- Thank you for your prayers for Steve Burch! He fractured his C6 vertebrae when he fell off the roof; he has lots of internal and external bruising, but it was GREAT to see him in church today. And Steve was very glad to meet his grandson Zayden this morning when Shelby made a quick trip home! Please keep Steve in your prayers as he has a lot of healing to do (and Sandi!).
- Christine’s son William had pneumonia this week, and then broke a tooth in a fall on the stairs. Please keep William and Christine in your prayers!
- Chris reports that the Community Garden is growing! Check out the latest photos here.
- And a great lesson from Pastor John, “We serve a God who TAKES our burdens instead of dumping burdens on us! We can leave our burdens at the altar — at Christ’s feet.”
- “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot” (Matthew 5:13). Jesus tells us as he told the Disciples, “you are the preservative of the entire planet!” Most people come to church because a “salty” person invited them. Be the salt in Long Lake — influence others and bring them to Christ!