A few more announcements from church this morning:
- Please keep Ann Sabattis in prayer (Lenora’s sister). She will have surgery to remove a Melanoma on her leg this Tuesday in Florida.
- District Conference – Friday, June 15 – Vantage Pointe Church – 543 Ridge Rd., Queensbury, NY.
Unleash 2012: Equipping Disciples of Life-Changing Churches – Saturday, June 16 – Hadley-Luzerne Wesleyan Church – 445 Lake Ave., Lake Luzerne, NY. Doors open at 7:45a and it begins at 8:30a. See Pastor John if you’re interested in going.
- Kathryn has a calender for people of the congregation to sign up for volunteer dinners for the youth group… She needs 1 meal every Sunday evening at 6:00pm for about 15 teens. If you are interested contact Kathryn. You can choose any Sunday you want, and you can provide anything that kids will like — even donations toward pizza!
- The trip to Haiti in November has been cancelled. But we’re still doing the garage sale in August to raise money for the hospital in Haiti. Please bring items that you’re donating to the left side of the garage. See Venita for more info.
- We will have a team going to Hephzibah Children’s Home (in Macon, GA) during school break in February 2013. We’ll leave on a Saturday and return on Saturday. We already have 6 signed up to go, and have room for 6 more. If you’re 16 or older, you don’t need to be accompanied by a parent. Please see Venita or Karen for more info.
- And a few thoughts from Pastor John’s lesson: “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven” (Matthew 5:14-16 NIV). We are made in God’s image, and we have a purpose on this earth: to let our light shine before others so that God may be glorified. Jesus said to the disciples, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation” (Mark 16:15 NIV). Note that He says, GO! This is a command!