Don’t forget! This Friday night is Community Night at the Long Lake Pavilion! Friday, July 20 from 5:30 – 9 p.m., music will be provided by the CBC Worship Team. Come out for food, fellowship and worship! Here’s a Concert flyer that you can print and share with others for this outreach event.
- Kathryn is doing a great job with our Youth group. See her to ask how you can help — serving as a Chaperone or providing food for the kids to enjoy at their Sunday evening meetings. Thanks!
- New Member classes started on July 8 and run through July 29; they meet during the Sunday School hour. Contact Pastor John for details and to sign up.
- We are raising funds for a new, higher-powered projector for the sanctuary. If you would like to contribute to that fund, please mark your offering envelope “Projector.”
- Beginning on Saturday, July 28th, we will be starting a Saturday evening service at 7:00 p.m. at LLWC. We need help running the nursery as well as the worship team. If you are interested in either, see Pastor John.
- Community Garden — See how our garden grows! Make plans to contact Chris for some fresh produce that you can take to a neighbor, and invite them to come to LLWC with you! You probably have a neighbor who is waiting for you to invite them so they can see what’s happening in the church on the hill!
- We are collecting coins for our WKFM to go to Hephzibah Children’s Home in Macon, GA during school break in February 2013. Please support as you are able; there’s a box in the back entryway. Thanks!
- Joys and concerns — Please pray and reach out to those who have not been in church lately.
- “The opposite of love is not hate, it’s indifference. The opposite of beauty is not ugliness, it’s indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it’s indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, but indifference between life and death” (Elie Wiesel, Holocaust survivor, in US News & World Report, 27 October 1986).
- “Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another”