At this week’s Board Meeting, these dates and events were discussed.
- Volunteers are needed to meet Monday mornings to clean the church or sign up for specific jobs (e.g. dusting, straightening pew books, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming upstairs or downstairs). Many hands make light work! By cleaning the church, our youth programs can continue.
- September 15 – Men’s and women’s pancake breakfast at 8:00 AM. with work-bee to follow. There are jobs for everyone – from cleaning the church to installing doors and cellar windows at the parsonage. Join us for pancakes, coffee, and good fellowship!
- September 22 – Potato harvest at Chris Thompson’s. We’ll start about 1:30, with Turkey dinner to follow in the Fellowship Hall. Please bring friends, children, pails, and potato hooks! Dinner will be in the Fellowship Hall after digging, probably about 5-5:30 PM. We expect a bigger crowd this year, so we regrettably must move the location for the dinner. Please contact Cynthia to let her know what dish(es) you can bring. We’ll need some help in the kitchen in the afternoon as well. It’s imperative that you beg or borrow potato hooks; we’ll need all we can get! Dress for the weather; wear boots; we anticipate a muddy field. (The Rain date is 9/29.)
- September 27 – Open house at school. We’ve been invited to have a booth at the open house at school. We need your ideas and manpower for this event. This is the first time we have been invited! Please keep this in your prayers!
- September 29 – Vision meeting following service and ice cream social! Have a vision for our church? No dreams are too big! Remember, if you have the faith of a mustard seed… Are we doing all that we can to train up disciples or are we just hiding our shillings in the ground with no resulting multiplication? Let’s dream big and get some ideas flowing! “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people” Matthew 4:18-20.
- Halloween – We need a committee to plan trunk candy giving in our church parking lot for Halloween. This is a tremendous outreach opportunity!
- Thanksgiving – We need a committee to plan our Thanksgiving Community dinner for November 17. Please be thinking of how you can serve.
- Christmas – We need a committee to plan Christmas decorating, play, pageant.
- Maybe this sounds ambitious, but we know that God doesn’t call the qualified, He qualifies the called! “I can do all this through him who gives me strength” (Phil. 4:13).
- If you would love to support these outreach events but cannot physically be here to help, you could help by sending a check to the church (PO Box 322, Long Lake, NY 12847).
We also have an update from Veronica: September 12 2012 update.
And an update on our Missions giving for Haiti.
And we have a visual update on the Community Garden. Please join us for the potato harvest on September 22nd!
New series for this Fall started Sunday, September 2nd. If the Christian life was a fishing trip in a Guide Boat, you would want a full stringer, right? If you have ever wondered what you would need to do to win the fishing tourney, then wonder no longer. We are exploring each of the ten fish we need to land together from the Brookie Trout to the Largemouth Bass. Invite your friends on Sunday mornings to hear the series on catching all ten of the best fish in Long Lake!
New series for Saturday nights at the Guide Boat services on marriage and parenting, starting September 8th at 7:00 PM.
Wesleyan Youth (grades 7-12) meet on Saturday nights at 7:00 PM in the Sullivan House.
New Women’s Bible study starting this Fall. See Amy Gocke or Joyce Bozak for details.
Come to Prayer meetings on Wednesday nights at 6:00 PM at the church as we explore the topic of “Spiritual Warfare” in the Bible.
Mark your calendars for September 22: Potato Harvest Day at Thompsons (with a rain date of September 29th). Dress for the weather and bring gloves and potato hooks!
Feel stressed out? Worried about something? Well, ladies, then please come to our Bible Study starting September 12th at 9:00 am in the Fellowship Hall. If you have never felt this way, then maybe you should come give advice to the rest of us! We will be studying Women of Faith Study Series “Living Above Worry and Stress”.
Our Potato Harvest Day is planned for Saturday, September 22nd at the Thompson community garden (with a rain date of September 29th). If we go to the 29th, that will be a rain or shine event… we have to get them out with or without mud! Time will be announced at church but expect 1 o’clockish. We will serve the customary turkey feast… Contact Cynthia regarding dishes to bring and other food details. Please plan to bring the whole family to this community event! Dress for the weather and bring gloves and potato hooks!