Come to LLWC on New Year’s Eve for Communion from 4 to 6 PM to pray and prepare for the many challenges facing us in 2013! Come and go anytime during the 2-hour period; the church will be open and you are welcome to come.
From Pastor John, “Make plans to be with us on Christmas Eve for the candle light service. You can praise Jesus off by yourself in the woods, or on a lake. But you cannot worship Him all by yourself. The Bible says that is different. That’s because Jesus values the time you set aside to gather with other Christians in worship. See you at 6 PM to experience true community!”
What an incredible spirit-filled worship service today! It was evident that the Holy Spirit was in that place with us! Here are a few praises:
- Mikaela was full of praise for God for her husband Joey, and God’s guidance in her life. She has listened to God’s leading, and is studying Writing at SUNY Potsdam. She has a CAT scan this week, and would appreciate your prayers. She encouraged us all to listen to God’s guidance and not what people say you can or can’t do!
- Sandi was very thankful to have Shana and 3 grandchildren in church today! Kendra is serving in Iraq/Afghanistan, and really needs our prayers. Shelby is understandably very lonely and prays for his safe return in April.
- Keith read from Romans 8:35-39 and shared how God has been working in his life. He has an amazing story of God’s grace and love, just ask him!
- A huge praise and prayer for the many hearts that God is working on — if anyone comes to mind, please pray for them! God is doing amazing things in our community!
A few prayer requests:
- Please pray for Nick and Paul and Katie and others who really need jobs.
- Those who are really searching for God, that they will find Him during this Christmas season.
- And please pray for the families of Newtown, CT. I saw a good article on “Dealing With Grief: Five Things NOT To Say And Five Things To Say In A Trauma Involving Children” and found it to be very good advice.
- Other, unspoken prayer requests. God knows the details; we just need to pray!
And a few announcements:
- December 24: Come to the Christmas Eve Service at 6 PM on Monday to celebrate the birth of our Savior as a church family. Invite someone to come with you! This is a huge outreach opportunity!
- December 31: Come to the New Year’s Eve Communion from 4 to 6 PM on Monday to pray and prepare for the many challenges facing our families in 2013! Come and go anytime during the 2-hour period; the church will be open and you are welcome to come.
We have so much to be thankful for!
- Cara’s shoulder surgery was successful!
- Merline is here!
- It’s been great to see Kyle & Jessica and Joey & Mikaela and many others back in LLWC!
- Steve’s knee surgery went well and he’s back at work.
- Janet Lee’s grandson has been released from the hospital, and she’s DONE with treatment — her legs are healed! This is a huge praise!
- There was a great Christmas program last night. See the photos here.
And some prayer requests:
- Katie’s job situation. Pray for Katie as she waits for God’s guidance and perfect timing.
- Kendra is serving in Afghanistan
- Michelle Moore is in the hospital.
- Bunny is serving as Intern Pastor in Brant Lake. And we’re approaching the 1-year anniversary of Evie’s death.
And some reminders:
- Mark your calendars! Our annual adult Christmas party will be held on December 15th, at 4:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. Please bring a dish to pass. Each person is encouraged to bring an item for the Chinese auction — something from around your house that you’re willing to share (about a $5.00 value). Wrap it up real pretty, and put it under the tree in the FH. Each of us will have a turn to unwrap an item, or “steal” an item from someone else. This is a lot of fun; get ready for great fellowship and laughs!
- Poinsettias will be available — contact Margaret if you’d like one.
- Christmas Eve service – details TBD.
The creche opening in front of the town hall today was really nice. It’s such a privilege to be able to gather with other Christians in our community to sing Christmas carols and pray together!
Women’s Bible study is held on Wednesday mornings at 9:00, and meets in the Fellowship Hall. We’ve had a great turnout; join us as we encourage each other! Contact Joyce if you’d like more information. This Wednesday, Dec 5th will be the last meeting before Christmas.
Dec 8: There will be a special Christmas program at 6:00 p.m.
Dec 15: Mark your calendars! Our annual adult Christmas party will be held on December 15th, at 4:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. Please bring a dish to pass. Each person is encouraged to bring an item for the Chinese auction — something from around your house that you’re willing to share (about a $5.00 value). Wrap it up real pretty, and put it under the tree in the FH. Each of us will have a turn to unwrap an item, or “steal” an item from someone else. This is a lot of fun; get ready for great fellowship and laughs!