What an incredible spirit-filled worship service today! It was evident that the Holy Spirit was in that place with us! Here are a few praises:
- Mikaela was full of praise for God for her husband Joey, and God’s guidance in her life. She has listened to God’s leading, and is studying Writing at SUNY Potsdam. She has a CAT scan this week, and would appreciate your prayers. She encouraged us all to listen to God’s guidance and not what people say you can or can’t do!
- Sandi was very thankful to have Shana and 3 grandchildren in church today! Kendra is serving in Iraq/Afghanistan, and really needs our prayers. Shelby is understandably very lonely and prays for his safe return in April.
- Keith read from Romans 8:35-39 and shared how God has been working in his life. He has an amazing story of God’s grace and love, just ask him!
- A huge praise and prayer for the many hearts that God is working on — if anyone comes to mind, please pray for them! God is doing amazing things in our community!
A few prayer requests:
- Please pray for Nick and Paul and Katie and others who really need jobs.
- Those who are really searching for God, that they will find Him during this Christmas season.
- And please pray for the families of Newtown, CT. I saw a good article on “Dealing With Grief: Five Things NOT To Say And Five Things To Say In A Trauma Involving Children” and found it to be very good advice.
- Other, unspoken prayer requests. God knows the details; we just need to pray!
And a few announcements:
- December 24: Come to the Christmas Eve Service at 6 PM on Monday to celebrate the birth of our Savior as a church family. Invite someone to come with you! This is a huge outreach opportunity!
- December 31: Come to the New Year’s Eve Communion from 4 to 6 PM on Monday to pray and prepare for the many challenges facing our families in 2013! Come and go anytime during the 2-hour period; the church will be open and you are welcome to come.