There were many praises shared in church this morning, but two announcements stand out:
- LLWC is planning a missions trip to Haiti for two weeks in 2014: the last week of November and the first week of December. Start saving and planning! See Venita for more information.
- Rickie Miller encouraged us to get off the couch and start moving with him, alternating between walking, jogging, walking, etc. on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday afternoons. See Rickie for details. He reminded us that running is based on scripture, “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith” (Hebrews 12:1-3). Those of us who can’t run can pray for those who do! 😉
Here are the regular events and meetings throughout the week:
- Tuesday morning Mens’ prayer group meets at 6:30 am.
- Wednesday night Prayer Meeting is at 6:00 pm. Dave Carney is teaching on the Letter to the Romans.
- Thursday Night Ride Small group meets at 7 pm for the new study, “Taking Responsibility.” We all have them. But we don’t all take them as seriously as we ought to. Wouldn’t it be great if we all took responsibility for the things we are responsible for for? Wouldn’t it be great if you took responsibility for everything you’re responsible for? It’s time to stop the finger-pointing and excuse-making and to remove the “ir” in irresponsible!
- The “Velocity” Middle School ministry (grades 5-8) meets Saturday nights at 7 pm.
- Sunday Evening Bible Study meets at 6:00 pm. Bunny Austin is leading a study of the Gospels.
- “Fusion” High School student ministry meets Sunday nights from 7 pm to 9 pm (grades 9-12).
And please pray for “Back to Church Sunday” – September 15, 2013 – See http://backtochurch.com/videos and plan to invite a friend!