Just a reminder that we are having the Harvest Festival at the church on Thursday night from 6-8. We have games planned and refreshment. The children win Christian themed prizes, candy and other treats! We will be having a cake walk (cupcake and cookie). Please encourage friends and others you know to come. We’re planing to have a fun, safe place for children to go on Halloween night. Even if you don’t have children, you are welcome to come by and visit with folks from the community! If you have donations of cupcakes, cookies, candy, or other prizes, just drop them off in the church basement before Thursday evening. If you have any questions, contact Amy Gocke.
This Saturday about 10 AM we will be making up baskets of food (from the Community Garden) to distribute. Art is having a breakfast at 8:30 AM so you can come with the idea of staying and helping with this community mission project. Come one come all young and old. It will be fun and fellowship and good outreach to take baskets to folks in our community.
We will have a pot luck lunch after church this coming Sunday, Oct. 20. Our District Supt. will be here for the morning service. Please pass the word and plan to join us!
Merline’s mother and aunt are here for a visit and joined us in worship this morning. What a blessing to meet them! LLWC plans to send a team to Haiti in November 2014; start planning now! Here are some other announcements:
- Sandi invited all ladies to join her at the “Hope for a Woman’s Heart” day at: Fort William Henry & Conference Center, 48 Canada St., Lake George, NY. The date is Saturday, November 2, from 9:00 to 4:00 (lunch included). Tickets are $28, but you need to let Sandi know your lunch choice ASAP if you plan to go. The deadline is October 24th. You can learn more information at: http://www.h4awh.com/.
- We will be having a Harvest Festival on Thursday, October 31 from 6-8 pm. If you are willing to man a game or help out in other ways, contact Amy. If you are not able to attend but would like to donate candy, cupcakes, or cookies, that would be great too! Please let Amy know what you’ll be bringing. Thank you! We had many children both from the church and the community attend last year.
- Come to Prayer meetings on Wednesday nights at 6:00 pm. Dave Carney will be teaching on the letter to the Romans.
- Wednesdays at 9:00 am all ladies are invited to a Bible Study by Sheila Walsh from Women of Faith.
- The new carpet is down, and it looks beautiful! Thanks to so many who helped in various ways. The new chairs are scheduled to arrive in December.
Reminder: come to help harvest potatoes at the Community Garden this Saturday at 2:00 if you’re able (rain or shine). Everyone is invited to join us for our Potato Harvest Dinner at 5. p.m. at the church. This dinner will take the place of our usual monthly pot luck, so we won’t have a Fellowship Dinner after church on October 6th. Contact Cynthia Thompson if you’re able to bring a side dish to share.
What a great potato harvest! I think we dug about 53 bushels of potatoes (about 2600 lbs)! And one of the potatoes was over 2 lbs! You can see some photos here. (I took several videos of the kids’ sack races and other games, but I’ll have to figure out how to upload them.)