On Saturday, April 5th at 10:00 am, we plan to have a Dress a Girl workshop. We plan to sew as many dresses for God’s little girls as possible. Please gather some fabric (not too thin or lightweight), bias tape, 1/2″ elastic, thread, yarn, etc. If you don’t sew but want to help, consider donating money for fabric (click the “Donate” button on the right). More details to follow. For more info, see Sandi, Gail, Joyce, Peg, or the Dress a Girl website.
Some new announcements and some reminders:
- Prayer requests: Veronica, all of our missionaries, all of our shut-ins and those with health challenges, Pastor John, and Don Simmons as he travels to Bethlehem on business this week.
- Joys: many joys that were shared in church; God is working in Long Lake!
- Tuesdays – Men’s prayer at 6:30 AM in the sanctuary.
- Wed: Women’s Bible Study at 9 AM. We will have the coffee pot on; hope to see you there!
- Wed evening prayer group – at 6 PM – join us as we explore revival in the scriptures.
- Thursday – Worship Practice at 6 PM. Join us!
- Saturday – Youth grades 5-12 are invited to join us at 7 PM for “Fusion” for pizza, games, and fellowship.
- March 16 – Sunday – We’ll vote for an extended call for Pastor Gocke. Please be here if you can.
- Sundays – join us for the “Bunny” Bible Study at 6 PM.
- WKFM (Wesleyan Kids for Missions) meets every 3rd Sunday during Pastor’s message (next time is March 16th). See Greg or Contact us for more info. WKFM is collecting money for Bibles and supplies for Haiti. They have already raised $120 for children in Albania. You can help by giving spare change to Greg or one of the kids.
- April 5 – Ladies gather for “Dress a Girl” project. Stay tuned for details (see http://www.dressagirlaroundtheworld.com/ for more info). Any questions, call Sandi or Amy or Contact Us. Bring a friend!
- We plan to send a team to Haiti in November 2014 for a short-term missions trip. Plan to join us and pray for God to use you. Several years ago, Dan and Joy’s daughter did a video of the orphanage that we support in Haiti (at that time, there were 30 children in the orphanage); you can see that video here. There are now 80 children in the orphanage, and in April of 2013, they moved into the new 4 acre Children’s Village; you can see more recent photos here.
- As a church family, we plan to pack 100 shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. There are tips on how to pack a shoe box and gift suggestions here. Note that you can build a shoe box online if it’s easier than packing a shoe box yourself. Bring your shoe boxes to church, where we’ll store them until it’s time to ship them off.
In addition to the usual announcements below, here are a few new ones:
- March 8 – Join us for a Ladies’ Afternoon Tea at 2 PM. Bring your favorite tea, tea cup, and tea pot. Any questions, call Sandi or Amy or Contact Us. Bring a friend!
- March 16 – we’ll have a vote to renew Pastor Gocke for another year. Please be here if you can.
- We’ll have a work bee soon to continue putting the wainscoting around the sanctuary.
- Please pray for Christians around the world, especially in Ukraine. It seems that Ukraine is about to be invaded by Russia. And please pray for Baptist pastor and Ukraine’s interim president, Oleksandr Turchynov.