Please plan on a pot luck get together after church on Sunday, August 24. Art’s memorial service will be at 2p.m. and we will then have a cookies and punch dessert reception following service. Please let me know (Gail) if you can bring cookies. 624-3894
Lots of announcements and updates:
- Thanks to all who helped harvest the broccoli in the Community Garden last Saturday. Chris estimates that they have about 225 heads for the season at about a pound apiece!
- Thanks to everyone who prayed for the youth group as they went to Kingdom Bound! They survived and came home in one piece. Lots of great speakers — ask the youth! Five young men rededicated their lives to Christ! About 10,000 Christians were there! Great experience for our kids.
- Venita reports that we made about $715 on the garage sale — money that will go toward the mission trip to Haiti in November.
- Praise God for many blessings and answered prayers!
- Pray for the families who lost loved ones this week — Art’s family, the young man who drowned at Buttermilk Falls, and others.
- The memorial service for Art Brockner will be Sunday afternoon August 24th at 2 PM at LLWC.
- Thanks to Pastor John for another great lesson on The Prayer of Jabez. Here are some scriptures that he referred to: 1 Chronicles 4:9-10, Job 1:9-10, 1 Peter 5:8, 2 Timothy 2:22, Philippians 4:6-7, 1 Corinthians 10:13. Reminder: when we ask God for something, be specific as Jabez was, and have confidence that God will grant your request, as He did for Jabez!
- For more information, contact us.
Just a reminder that the church garage sale to benefit missions is this Friday and Saturday (the 8th and 9th) in the fellowship hall of the Wesleyan Church.
Please bring your donated items into the fellowship hall (the basement) of the church by 3 PM Thursday. Your donations are what makes this effort possible.
Here are the most recent announcements:
- August 7 & 8 – Haiti fund raiser yard sale at LLWC during the town wide sale. We need items and helpers — contact Venita or contact us. All proceeds go to Missions.
- Please pray for our teens and youth leaders as they’re at Darien Lake this weekend for Kingdom Bound (August 3-6).
- Please pray for Art and his daughters as his time draws near. They have taken him off of his medications.
- Please also pray for JanetLee, Mikaya, and others who have health concerns.
- Contact Pastor John or contact us for more info.
- Don’t forget that you can use that “Donate” button on the right side of the screen to make a donation to LLWC with PayPal or your credit card anytime!
We sure could use a hand this coming Saturday from 10 to about noon. This is our first annual broccoli harvest at our Church Community Garden at 99 Kickerville Road.
We need a couple of people in the field and a few washing and packing at the church. Please come and help… and most importantly be prepared to take home broccoli for yourselves and bring some to your neighbors and others.
Please call Chris at 624-6175 and let him know we can count on you!