Community Gardens of Long Lake will have our Fall Potato Harvest October 4th at 1 PM at the Thompson location concluding with Dinner at 5 PM at the church. All are encouraged to come and everyone can help in some way. See Chris Thompson or contact us for more details.
In addition to the regular events listed below, here are a few new announcements and reminders:
Saturday September 20th – Come to the LL Wesleyan Fellowship hall at 9:00 for breakfast for men, women and children. The Weavers from Lake Pleasant will be our guests and will tell us about their plans to go to Papua New Guinea with Wycliffe Translators. There will be pancakes, sausage, breakfast casserole, fruit salad, coffee, etc.
Dress a Girl – We need to get together soon for another kit-making workshop. In the meantime, please buy fabric (not too thin or lightweight), and notions if you’re able. There is money that has been donated, which can be used to reimburse you if you buy fabric and notions for DAG. We’ll need fabric, bias tape, 1/2″ elastic, thread, yarn, etc. If you don’t sew but want to help, consider donating money for fabric (click the “Donate” button on the right). For more info about DAG, see the Dress a Girl website.
Haiti – At least five people from LLWC plan to go to Haiti on a short-term missions trip this November, and they’ll need supplies and funding for the trip. We’ve had several yard sales and fund-raisers, and WKFM (Wesleyan Kids for Missions) is collecting money for Bibles and supplies. Please be praying and asking how God might use you in this missionary effort. For an update on the orphanage that we support, click here.
Operation Christmas Child – As a church family, we plan to pack 100 shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. There are tips on how to pack a shoe box and gift suggestions here. Note that you can build a shoe box online if it’s easier than packing a shoe box yourself. Bring your shoe boxes to church, where we’ll store them until it’s time to ship them off.
If you can’t help in person, you can use that “Donate” button on the right side of the screen to make a tax-deductable donation to LLWC with PayPal or your credit card anytime!
If you have questions, contact us.
Here are some announcements from this morning:
- Venita says Thank You for donations to the Farmers Market! She had hoped to make $2,000 and actually made $1,976.50 for Missions!
- Sandi announced that Joyce Meyer will be speaking in Albany on October 9-11 (http://www.joycemeyer.org/events/GenericEvent.aspx?event=Albany2014). Please let Sandi know this week if you plan to go; she has a couple of rooms reserved.
- Joyce announced that now that school is back in session, Ladies Prayer Time will resume on Wednesday mornings at 8:00. Join them to pray for our students, teachers, community, Pastor.
- “The Bunny Group” meets Sunday nights at 6:00 pm. You’re invited to join in studying the Word.
- Come to Wednesday Night Prayer Group at 6:00 pm.
- Fusion youth group meets Saturday nights at 6:00 pm at the LLWC for students grades 7-12.
- Children’s church is Kindergarten through 4th grade and meets during the worship service.
- The nursery is held during worship in the lower level.
- Please remember to “pray continually” for our Pastor and his family (I Thess. 5:17).
- Look for more announcements on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/LongLakeWesleyanChurch.
Contact us with announcements, questions, or prayer concerns.
From Pastor John: Afterward Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and said, “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘Let my people go, so that they may hold a festival to me in the wilderness.’” Pharaoh said, “Who is the Lord, that I should obey him and let Israel go? I do not know the Lord and I will not let Israel go.” (Exodus 5:1-2 NIV)
Come to the Sunday service at 11:00 am at LLWC for Exodus Series part 4: The Plagues of Egypt!
Art Brockner memorials: For those asking how to give to a memorial for Art Brockner, just mark your check or envelope In memory of Art or Art Brockner Memorial. You can also give online by clicking the “Donate” button on the right. Donations can be made through PayPal or any charge card.