Pastor John’s lesson about The Sacrificed Life really spoke to my heart today. He gave me a great reminder: If God sacrificed His only Son, can I sacrifice something that is dear to me? Pastor told us that the mark of a real Christian is someone who has sacrificed something precious for Jesus. For me, that something precious is my time. He’s given me a lot to think about, and a call to action (see Matthew 19:29, 1 Timothy 2:6, 1 Kings 18). Without sacrifice, there is no gain. If it doesn’t cost, it doesn’t count.
Here are some upcoming events:
- Sundays: Join us Sunday nights at 6:00 PM for a study of the book of Revelation.
- Tuesdays: at 6:30 AM – join other men for prayer and share time.
- Tuesday, September 1st, Janet-Lee is moving to Tupper Lake and would appreciate help.
- Tuesdays: Alcoholic Anonymous meetings in LLWC at 7:00 PM.
- Wednesdays: prayer meeting at 6:00 PM. Shemitah.
- Thursday September 10th, 17th, and 24th, there will be Work Bees at church from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM. Soup will be served from 5:00-6:00. There’s a list of things that need to be done on the bulletin board near the back door (wainscoting, new gutters, sidewalks…). See Venita if you have questions.
- Tuesday September 22: Best Years Fellowship Luncheon (for anyone 55 and over), Fellowship Hall, 12:00 noon. Bring your own sandwich. Soup, dessert, and drinks will be provided. Need a ride? Call Venita or Don Keller at 352-544-1271.
- Veronica Thompson is one of our missionaries that we support. She currently serves in YWAM (Youth With a Mission) in Montana. Veronica gave an impressive update on what God is doing through YWAM in Taiwan. Read more about YWAM and The Surge at https://ywammontana.org/. Please support Veronica and YWAM through prayer and monetary contributions through their web site or through LLWC.
- October 17th is our next Dress-a-Girl Workshop. Save the date! More details to come.
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LongLakeWesleyanChurch
- Remember to pray for Pastor John and others as the Lord brings them to mind.
- Contact us or call Pastor John at 518-624-2411 if you have questions.