From today’s lesson on The Book of Jude Part 1: The Judas Goat:
“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them” (Matthew 7:15-16a).
“Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly” (John 7:24).
“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to” (Matthew 23:13).
Here are some upcoming events:
- Sundays: Tonight at 6:00, join us as Roger Corbin talks about Yoga and New Age Thoughts..
- Tuesdays: at 6:30 AM – join other men for prayer and share time.
- Tuesdays: Alcoholic Anonymous meetings in LLWC at 7:00 PM.
- Wednesdays: Moms in Touch: 8:00 AM in the Fellowship Hall.
- Wednesdays: Ladies’ Bible Study: 9:00 AM Study on Colossians, “Thrive, not just survive!”
- Wednesdays: prayer meeting at 6:00 PM. Nahum.
- Thursday September 17th, and 24th, there will be Work Bees at church from 10:00 AM ’til you have to leave! Soup will be served at noon (chili and cornbread). There’s a list of things that need to be done on the bulletin board near the back door (wainscoting, new gutters, sidewalks…). Bring your tools and paint brushes. See Venita if you have questions.
- Tuesday September 22: Best Years Fellowship Luncheon (for anyone 55 and over), Fellowship Hall, 12:00 noon. Bring your own sandwich. Soup, dessert, and drinks will be provided. Need a ride? Call Venita or Don Keller at 352-544-1271.
- September 28: Community Italiano Dinner at St. Henry’s to benefit the Holiday Gift Baskets: 4:40-7:00 PM.
- October 17: Dress-a-Girl Workshop; 10:00 AM at LLWC. Save the date! More details to come.
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LongLakeWesleyanChurch
- Remember to pray for our Missionaries, Christians around the world who are being persecuted, our leaders, those who came to the alter this morning, Pastor John, and others as the Lord brings them to mind.
- Contact us or call Pastor John at 518-624-2411 if you have questions.