From today’s lesson on The Book of Jude Part 2: Fight for the Faith:
“But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life” (Jude 20-21).
Believers can avoid false teaching by growing spiritually (faith), prayer, love, and hope (eternal life).
Jude tells us to know the true Word and true Messiah so we’ll recognize fakes and false prophets when we see them.
Here are some upcoming events:
- Sundays: Tonight at 6:00, Bible Study of Jude with Pastor John.
- Tuesdays: at 6:30 AM – join other men for prayer and share time.
- Tuesdays: Alcoholic Anonymous meetings in LLWC at 7:00 PM.
- Tuesday September 22: Best Years Fellowship Luncheon (for anyone 55 and over), Fellowship Hall, 12:00 noon. Bring your own sandwich. Soup, dessert, and drinks will be provided. Bring your favorite hunting or fishing story. Call Venita at 352-544-1271 for more information.
- Wednesdays: Moms in Touch: 8:00 AM in the Fellowship Hall.
- Wednesdays: Ladies’ Bible Study: 9:00 AM Study on Colossians, “Thrive, not just survive!”
- Wednesdays: Bible Study at 6:00 PM. Nahum.
- Thursday September 24th, there will be a Work Bee at church from 10:00 AM ’til you have to leave! Soup will be served at noon. There’s a list of things that need to be done on the bulletin board near the back door (wainscoting, new gutters, sidewalks…). Bring your tools and paint brushes. See Venita if you have questions.
- September 28: Community Italiano Dinner at St. Henry’s to benefit the Holiday Gift Baskets: 4:30-7:00 PM.
- October 17: Dress-a-Girl Workshop; 10:00 AM at LLWC. Save the date! More details to come.
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LongLakeWesleyanChurch
- Remember to pray for our Missionaries, Christians around the world who are being persecuted, our leaders, those in our community who have heart aches and physical issues, Pastor John, and others as the Lord brings them to mind.
- Contact us or call Pastor John at 518-624-2411 if you have questions.