Dress a Girl workshops: “Dress a Girl Around the World is a Campaign under Hope 4 Women International (a 501 (c) 3 organization) bringing dignity to women around the world since 2006. Hope 4 Women International is a nondenominational independent Christian organization. We dream of a world in which every girl has at least one new dress. We want girls to know that they are worthy of respect, and that they are loved by God.” The Dress a Girl label on the outside front of the dress helps to protect girls from predators (http://www.dressagirlaroundtheworld.com/).
Our local group meets in Tupper Lake periodically to make dresses for God’s little girls. So far, we’ve made over 1,300 dresses that we’ve sent to Haiti, Nepal, South America, Uganda, India, and Romania.
Our next workshop will be Saturday, October 3, 2020 at the Tupper Lake Public Library (41 Lake St., Tupper Lake NY 12986) at 10:00 AM; please enter by the lower-back entrance. Soup will be provided for lunch. Contact Peg Mauer with questions.
If you’d like to support this project, donations will help us buy more fabric and notions. Send a check to:
Long Lake Wesleyan Church
PO Box 322 (1120 Deerland Road)
Long Lake, NY 12847
Write in the memo line: “DAG”.
Most recent photos are at the top; photos from previous years are below:
- September 2020 – workshop at TLPL
- August 2020 – dresses for Romania
- Summer 2020 – dresses completed for Uganda
- December 7, 2019 – quilt by Holly Mineau and Pam Savard to be raffled off
- June 15, 2019 – ladies deliver 50 dresses!
- May 18, 2019 – displaying dresses at Pendragon Theater
- April 27, 2019 – workshop at TLPL
- March 2019 – more dresses go to Haiti
- March 2019 – workshop at TLPL and donations to DAG
- February 23, 2019 – workshop at TLPL
- January 5, 2019 – dresses go to Haiti
- October 2018 – first workshop at TLPL
- March 25, 2017 – our fifth workshop.
- October 22, 2016 – our fourth workshop.
- April 25, 2015 – our third workshop.
- May 10, 2014 – our second workshop.
- April 5, 2014 – we met for the first time.