From Pastor John: “please remember Harry Adams in your prayers tonight. I visited him today and talked to his medical team and he is in serious condition. Annette will especially need our prayers and support in the days to come.”
Here are a few announcements from Sunday:
- Kathryn plans to take the Youth hiking on July 8th; see her for details. And ask Kathryn if you can help to serve as a Chaperone. Thanks!
- New Member classes will start during the Sunday School hour: July 8-29. See Pastor John for details and to sign up.
- Community Night at the Long Lake Pavilion will be on July 20 from 5:30 – 9 p.m., with music provided by the CBC Worship Team. Come out for food, fellowship and worship! Here’s a Concert flyer that you can print and share with others for this outreach event.
- The Summer Sermon Series starting Sunday July 8th and running through August is all about you! “Encouragement for your Spiritual Journey” traces your personal spiritual life story from before you knew Jesus to present day and beyond. If you feel like your life is like a movie, then you are right and God is producing, directing and staring in it with you! See Pastor John to join a Small Group, starting Monday July 9th, to explore your own journey for 8 weeks.
- Have you been thinking and praying about how you can use produce from the Community Garden to invite neighbors to LLWC? If you’re willing, God will use you!
Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord!
- America was protected and directed by God in its founding (Psalm 67:4; Proverbs 21:1 NIV).
- America’s Government is patterned after Biblical principles (Isaiah 33:22 NIV).
- American Law guarantees our religious freedom to practice and proclaim our faith (Galatians 5:1; Romans 1:16 NIV).
Thank God for our Freedom and Independence!
Hi all, here are a few updates:
- Judy is at home, recovering from hernia surgery. She is sore, but expressed gratitude for all our prayers.
- Please keep praying for Harry and Annette; Harry is not well.
- Please pray for Haddin (9 years old), who broke his femur on June 24th; he’ll be in the hospital a few more days. Have you ever had to try to keep a 9 yo quiet? Keep his Mom in prayer too, please!
- Please pray for those who have the virus that’s going around (or some other illness), those who mourn, need a job, are broken hearted, shut-in, or just really need God’s love and grace!
- Please be thinking and praying how you can use fresh produce from the Community garden to reach out to your neighbors in love!
- We have received an update newsletter from Veronica on her work with YWAM Montana (received in May but I just uploaded it here).
- Since the Mens’ Breakfast is not held every Saturday, I’ve removed it from the Visit Us section. We’ll announce the next Mens’ Breakfast when it’s planned.
- Gail says, “Lots of great ideas for our church discussed at the LLWC board meeting yesterday. All we need is YOU! Things are happening, get on board the Soul Train!!!! Ask what you can do to help!”
- Please check with Kathryn to see if she needs food for the Youth Group on Sunday night, and if you can help chaperone the group.
- Remember that this Sunday is the first Sunday of the month — that means that we’ll hold a Fellowship Pot-Luck Lunch after the 11:00 service (about noon). All are invited to join us — there’s always plenty of food and fellowship!
“Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” (1 Thess. 5:16, 17, 18).
Judy Ison is having hernia surgery tomorrow. Please pray that Judy will be aware of God’s love and watch care over her, and for the medical personnel who tend to her. Thanks.
Chris has been busy in the Community Garden! Click on the blue link to go to the Community Garden photos and see how everything’s growing! (I’m sorry that the images aren’t appearing in chronological order as I’d like them to; technology doesn’t always cooperate!)
Please remember to bring plastic grocery bags to Chris, we’ll need them when we start distributing produce to folks in our community. Be thinking and praying about some friends or neighbors who you can reach out to through this important ministry. First we feed their bodies, then we invite them to LLWC and feed their souls! “You are the salt of the earth” (Mt 5:13). “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden (Mt 5:14).
In addition to the announcements listed below, we have several new ones:
- Men: Remember the dinner for all men and sons this Wednesday, June 20th at 6:00 PM in the church Fellowship Hall. We will be serving: Salad bar, soup, Baked ham, Mashed potatoes, Sweet potato casserole, vegetable, corn bread, and homemade pie. Please let Joyce know if you can come!
- Chris Thompson asks: It is that time of year again: we need hundreds of plastic bags with which to deliver community garden produce. The real light ones you get at the store. I am way behind on this and almost out of bags. Would appreciate it if folks could begin collecting them… you can drop them off here or bring them to church. Paper sacks and grain bags always welcome too!
- Kathryn needs an ADULT who is interested in being a chaperon for Youth Group on Sunday evenings… you don’t need to do anything but help keep an eye on everyone. Please see Kathryn if you’re willing! Youth meetings from 6pm-8pm. (And remember that Kathryn is looking for meals for the Youth Group too — anything to feed about 15 hungry teens. Or if you’d prefer, she’ll gladly accept monetary donations and she’ll buy pizza or whatever. Thanks!)
- Please pray for Harry and Annette; Harry is not doing well.
- Praise God for helping Venita get help for a lady who is coming home from a nursing home! Venita prayed and God answered!
- Janet-Lee really needs rides to doctor’s appointments. Please see her, Pastor John, or Contact us if you need her phone number.
- Praise God that Andy’s father Don became a Christ follower this past week!
- July 20 is Community Night at the Long Lake Pavilion from 5:30 – 9 p.m., with music provided by the CBC Worship Team. Come out for food, fellowship and worship!
- As you do your housecleaning, please remember to bring your “treasures” for the Garage Sale / fundraiser for Haiti. Although we are not sending a team this fall, we are raising money for the new orphanage. Bring your donations to the left side of the Parsonage garage. The sale will be the first week in August and over Labor Day weekend.
- Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
- Thanks for Pastor John for a great lesson on how we can look at our Heavenly Father to see how earthly fathers should love, encourage, and discipline their children. “Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court” (Psalm 127:3-5).
In addition to all the announcements below, we have one correction:
The dinner for men and sons on Wednesday, June 20th will be at 6:00 PM in the church Fellowship Hall. We will be serving: Salad bar, soup, Baked ham, Mashed potatoes, Sweet potato casserole, vegetable, corn bread, and homemade pie. Please let Joyce know if you can come!
A few more announcements from church this morning:
- Please keep Ann Sabattis in prayer (Lenora’s sister). She will have surgery to remove a Melanoma on her leg this Tuesday in Florida.
- District Conference – Friday, June 15 – Vantage Pointe Church – 543 Ridge Rd., Queensbury, NY.
Unleash 2012: Equipping Disciples of Life-Changing Churches – Saturday, June 16 – Hadley-Luzerne Wesleyan Church – 445 Lake Ave., Lake Luzerne, NY. Doors open at 7:45a and it begins at 8:30a. See Pastor John if you’re interested in going.
- Kathryn has a calender for people of the congregation to sign up for volunteer dinners for the youth group… She needs 1 meal every Sunday evening at 6:00pm for about 15 teens. If you are interested contact Kathryn. You can choose any Sunday you want, and you can provide anything that kids will like — even donations toward pizza!
- The trip to Haiti in November has been cancelled. But we’re still doing the garage sale in August to raise money for the hospital in Haiti. Please bring items that you’re donating to the left side of the garage. See Venita for more info.
- We will have a team going to Hephzibah Children’s Home (in Macon, GA) during school break in February 2013. We’ll leave on a Saturday and return on Saturday. We already have 6 signed up to go, and have room for 6 more. If you’re 16 or older, you don’t need to be accompanied by a parent. Please see Venita or Karen for more info.
- And a few thoughts from Pastor John’s lesson: “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven” (Matthew 5:14-16 NIV). We are made in God’s image, and we have a purpose on this earth: to let our light shine before others so that God may be glorified. Jesus said to the disciples, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation” (Mark 16:15 NIV). Note that He says, GO! This is a command!
- Kathryn announces, “Tomorrow after service I will have a calender for people of the congregation to sign up for volunteer dinners for the youth… I will need 1 meal every Sunday evening at 6:00pm. If you are interested see me after service. You can choose any Sunday you want!!- Is there anyone interested in donating dinner for tomorrow night… I’m sorry this is late notice.”
- Pastor John announces, “District Conference – Friday, June 15 – Vantage Pointe Church – 543 Ridge Rd., Queensbury, NY. Registration begins at 7:45am and business begins at 8:30am. Guests are welcome.
Unleash 2012: Equipping Disciples of Life-Changing Churches – Saturday, June 16 – Hadley-Luzerne Wesleyan Church – 445 Lake Ave., Lake Luzerne, NY. Doors open at 7:45am and it begins at 8:30am. See Pastor John if you’re able to go.
- Chris reports that the Community Garden is growing! Check out the latest photos here.
- Please remember those that we need to keep in prayer: people suffering from illness, injury, surgery, those looking for work, folks suffering from loneliness or heartache, those who haven’t been in church lately…
“And we urge you, brothers and sisters… encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” (1 Thessalonians 5:14-18).
- Guys: Mark your calendars! There will be a dinner for men and sons on Wednesday, June 20th at 5:00 PM in the church Fellowship Hall. We will be serving: Salad bar, soup, Baked ham, Mashed potatoes, Sweet potato casserole, vegetable, corn bread, and pie. Please let Joyce know if you can come!
We’ll be having a dinner for men and sons on Wednesday, June 20th at 5:00 PM in the church Fellowship Hall. We will be serving: Salad bar, soup, Baked ham, Mashed potatoes, Sweet potato casserole, vegetable, corn bread, and pie. Please let Joyce know if you can come!